28 June 2012

Curiosity Corner

Several people have asked to see my entire utility china collection.  This has been basically impossible.  We're doing a lot of work on our house and are very short on furniture, therefore most of my stuff was being kept unappealingly in cabinets, or even in the loft! (I know, a real travesty)

We had some people hopping the pond and visiting us for a bit and I used their arrival as a way to get a few things, for the house you know.  One of my purchases was a bookcase!  This won't be a permanent home, eventually I will have a matching bookcase and welsh dresser, but for now this is spectacular!

Ta da!
Its a bit far away isn't it?
On the top two shelves I have my Woods Ware gravy boats, teapots and coffee pots.
Next shelf down is my Johnston Borthers and then Grindley collection (with some Woods Ware thrown in for good measure).

The next two shelves are a bit of a mixed bag as they also hold my vintage Pyrex.  Of course, there is a lot of Woods Ware jugs.  The bottom shelf here also has a Woods Ware mini teapot, some Johnson Bros, Grindley, Meakin and Ballerina Rosa.

 The bottom shelf is a bit of a cheat.  Just some Meakin jugs, my cookbooks, and my Apples to Apples game.

This still isn't all of it, the teacups, plates, bowls and some other bits are in cupboards in the kitchen.  Perhaps I'll get them all neatened up in the future for a little show and tell.

What do you think?  I'd love to see your collections as well!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh I love it, I love it, I love it! I especially love your rows of tea and coffee pots. This is making me even more determined to do a group photo of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shapes, colors, and how they are displayed are lovely. Jo is correct the rows of tea and coffee pots looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete