05 November 2011

Peanut Butter Balls


I have a sweet tooth, a terrible sweet tooth. I think that’s why baking has always appealed far more than cooking savory dishes. My mom made these when I was a kid and I carry on now. It’s extremely simple and takes about 20 minutes to throw together. Of course, baking in the UK is a bit different than in the US and every recipe needs to be altered a bit. Please keep in mind that I’m using American measurements here.


1 Cup powdered sugar (I used icing sugar)
1 Cup crunchy peanut butter
1 Cup chocolate chips
½ Cup instant non-fat milk
3 Tablespoons of water
 Graham cracker crumbs (I used tea cookies as I can’t seem to find graham crackers here)



Mix all ingredients together except for the cookie crumbs. I found that the icing sugar clumped together in ways that powdered sugar doesn’t. Therefore I would recommend really making sure that everything is well mixed.


Crumble a handful of cookies. Then roll the dough into 1 inch round balls and cover with the crumbled cookie.
Stick the peanut butter balls in the fridge to harden, about 20 – 30 minutes and enjoy!

Overall I felt that these tasted very much the same as they do in the States. They did seem to be a lot more granular when I was rolling them, but the small bits all mooshed together well. I’m taking mine along with some chocolate chip cookies that I made last weekend and froze to my first bonfire night party. I really hope that my Brit friends will enjoy my American recipe treats!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy!! I love anything peanut butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, this recipe is dangerously delicious looking! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete