11 November 2011

Fashionably Late


When I saw this post on Tuesday over at Her LibraryAdventures I felt sad.  I didn’t have any Pyrex to share, except for some brand spanking new clear pieces.  One of the most annoying things about moving to another country is that you either have to spend loads to ship you stuff, or be like me and decide to spend years bringing it over in small chunks.  I’ve known for a long time that I’d be coming here and it really put a kibosh on my collecting or buying of anything.  Of course since I’ve been here I can’t seem to stop collecting anything and everything.

Then on Wednesday I went to meet a friend a Starbucks and went a little early to have a mooch around the charity shops.  The same shops that I’ve been in loads of times and have never actually found anything worth buying in.  In the fourth shop I found this little beauty.  I practically squealed with delight.  

So here I am, joining the Pyrex party, better late than never!

I’m sorry about the two cookery type posts back to back.  I promise that next week will be far more diverse and interesting!


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love old pyrex casseroles dishes too. I don't know what I'd do if I had to move country. Moving home after uni was pretty difficult because I had a lot of china but I've accumulated even more since then! God knows what will happen when I get my own house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The things we manage to collect are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful dish! I've only recently discovered the thrift shops for Pyrex and now it's so hard not to just pop in for a look.

    ReplyDelete