22 November 2012

Peanut Butter Time

A few weeks ago Mr Grumpy, my mother in law and me headed up to Liverpool for a weekend away.  I'll be posting pictures and thoughts on that soon.  I knew that we would need snacks for the train ride so I made.... peanut butter cookies!

Now, I have a job that requires stupid hours.  Therefore I don't have time, full stop.  I found the recipe, made sure I had the ingredients and forgot about it.  

Now come to Friday night when I walked in my door at 8 pm.  I had laundry to do, bags to pack, a house to tidy and cookies to make.  It was daunting, but the cookies were not going to fall by the wayside.  So I started them first.

I gathered everything I needed. 



  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

Then I beat the butter until it was creamy, added the sugars and beat some more.
Next up I threw in the egg and peanut butter. 
I then mixed the dry ingredients.

And added it all together:
Then I found out that the next step was to leave the dough for 3 hours in the fridge.

Crap!

It was just after 9:30 at this point. 

Instead I stuck the dough in the freezer for an hour.  However, this is a picture of it in the fridge, before the idea dawned on me. 
Then I ran around the house, cleaning things up and taking care of a slightly ill Mr Grumpy.  When the hour was up I got my cookies spread out on baking sheets while the oven warmed up.

To make the pattern I used a fork:
Around midnight I ended up with this and headed off to sleep.
Mr Grumpy and his mom were very appreciative of the home made snack!


2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I think I shall make some today! It is miserable out and hubby comes home from a bus trip tonight. Peanut butter is his favorite. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime! I hope you liked them!!

    ReplyDelete