12 November 2012

As if I Could Stop

I have this problem that I'd like to share.  Often when I go to buy Christmas presents, or maybe just when I'm researching options, or looking for ideas, I end up with a present for myself.  I was picking up something secret for Mr Grumpy and I found this:

A Booths Blue Mist coffee pot.  Now, I don't drink coffee, and I'm not even sure if Booths falls under my allowed utility china umbrella.  However, my Booths jug that I found here and it was getting rather lonley on its own.  Plus, I just love the blue color.  How could I say no to a 99p eBay win?  Well, I couldn't, only someone much stronger and with better budgeting skills than I could have.



My other find was actually something I forgot to add to another post.  It was found along with my massive Johnson Brothers haul a few weeks ago, or maybe a month at this point?  It was in the window of a charity shop and called to me.

I don't know what Fru-Grains are.  All I know is that this tin, at £5 had my name on it.  I think that I'll be using it to hold my wooden spoons.  However, I'm a bit worried if it gets damp.  How do you display your vintage tins?  Do you use them, or are they there to be ornimental?


I’m going to link up Magpie Monday at Me and my Shadow, Thrift Share Monday at Apron Thrift Girl and Thrifty Love over at Cap Creations.


4 comments:

  1. I use all of my tins as i try not to just display things rather than put them to use. Our house is too small for that - Although i bend the rule with jugs, vases and teapots, i just cant resist them!
    Aqeela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I often end up buying things for myself an totally forgetting what I went out for in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that tea pot - the spout looks rather unusual and quirky, great finds!
    annie@vintagemummy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Aqueela - I'd love to use them as storage, but I don't know what to put in them!

    ReplyDelete